Ballast location question.

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
Ballast location question. This is for a PFO Dual 250 MH---It is pretty big and pretty heavy.

I am putting together a stand and canopy and was ?? the placement of the ballast. I am not sure I want it on the top of the canopy as I am planning on a lift up top access that will allow the lights to be raised for tank maintenance along with the double door access on the front so I would prefer not to have it located on top.

Inside the base of the stand I am not sure if I like that idea and restricted air and also possible splash from sump (don't know if my worries are justified or not) only other placement that it could be is under (kind of out of sight) a china cabinet that has legs so plenty of air can get to it although it would be sitting on carpet. (I would probably want to put a piece of wood for it to sit on)

Any chance of running it into the basement?

If not I'd put it under the china cabinet and cover it with a lovely doily (sp?)

Basment is not a possibility as we are on the 2-3 floors and would have to go through 1st floor and into basement

Back