Big Issues removing BTA, Condy

Piscevore

elsewhere
How the heck do you guys get these slimey buggers off your live rock? Doug, I know when you gave me my BTA you pried it off somehow. I went so far as to take the live rock out of the tank, and hang the condy upside down, and he -still wouldn't let go- !! I left him that way for upwards of 10 minutes and put him back in the tank because it was just not pleasant looking at all. (I did leave the bulk of his tentacles in the water, just hung the base/rock out of the h20).

SO how do I get these two slime dogs off of my live rock? (I don't want to break the rocks) (And I want the anemone to live of course)

I got my rbta off a rock by pointing a powerhead at his foot and kinda gently, very gently, used my finger to rub or peel back the foot. The force of the water helped alot. I have head of using ice as well.

i've always just peeled them off. use your nail to get it going and slowly get your finger under there and very slowly peel it off.

I Usually Rub Gently Across The Top Of The Base Of It, Usually It Will Try To React To That My Moving...once Its Starts To Move Its Much Easier To Get Loose...

TheUltimateNoob said:
i've always just peeled them off. use your nail to get it going and slowly get your finger under there and very slowly peel it off.
This is how I do it. You can also use a small screw driver or knife to get it started. Once you get a very little section started it comes off easy with your finger nail.

Back