Blue Xenia, Blue Cepistularia

I would suspect it does, but not positive. I got a frag at BRASS conference, taken 2 frags from it since and what was left has doubled in size since also, so It's growing fairly fast for me.

I started a thread about this, you didnt ask (lol), but from what I can tell it is slow ?and not really blue,... over the net (pictures) it is either shown as pink or bright blue.............

my faith in photographs has diminished recently

Snow, what color is yours and under what lights?

Frank

I started a thread about this, you didnt ask (lol), but from what I can tell it is slow ?and not really blue,... over the net (pictures) it is either shown as pink or bright blue.............

my faith in photographs has diminished recently

Snow, what color is yours and under what lights?

Frank

I've seen prob 3 varieties for sale and online, one with short stalks and big polyps that pulse, and two that have longer stalks that wave but dont pulse, and one of the wave ones is REALLY blue. The one that people in the club seem to have is pretty (the Sanjay one) but I'm not sure I'd call it blue. I'm concerned with variety #3.

M

Yes I have looked into this too,,,, I am concerned about buying one and having it be the Sanjay type, which is nice, but not necessarily what I am looking for..........

My blue xenia is blue base fading to purple stalks and polyps. It was more blue when I got it, but things tending to fade a bit in this frag tank as I don't stay on top of it. Got it from the guy from NY. Can barely see the metallic looking sclerites now but it's still a young frag at 4".
Have Sanjay's also and is purple w/ cream colored polyps and very nice looking. Also does not pulsate. They're calling it an efflatunaria, but I've seen pics in books and they called it cespitularia.
Also have yellow zenia from same person in NY. Very pretty and it does pulsate. W/ more blue lighting it gets a green shimmer at base and stalks.
My lighting is mixed color T5's, bluish - If I were to guess I'd say 17,000K - 18,000K.

My blue xenia is blue base fading to purple stalks and polyps. It was more blue when I got it, but things tending to fade a bit in this frag tank as I don't stay on top of it. Got it from the guy from NY. Can barely see the metallic looking sclerites now but it's still a young frag at 4".
Have Sanjay's also and is purple w/ cream colored polyps and very nice looking. Also does not pulsate. They're calling it an efflatunaria, but I've seen pics in books and they called it cespitularia.
Also have yellow zenia from same person in NY. Very pretty and it does pulsate. W/ more blue lighting it gets a green shimmer at base and stalks.
My lighting is mixed color T5's, bluish - If I were to guess I'd say 17,000K - 18,000K.

I think I need to pay you a visit.

Matt

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back