Bonsai fish?

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
I'm starting a 120 tank and I'm thinking about what I'll stock it with. The fish thread got me thinking.

When scuba diving, my favorite always was the schools of tiny silver fish that swim in a close group. With my freshwater tank I always had a school of 15 or so tetras, but I never have seen anything equivalent for salt water. The green chromis just don't do it for me.

I would imagine that a school of 20 tiny sub 1 inch fish would create about the same bioload as a couple of 5 inch fish. Are there any tiny reef safe guys out there that don't grow up big?

What about firefish? They are a little shy around aggressive tankmates, but are colorful and stay in the water column if unthreatened. Careful they jump.

The problem I have is all these fish get pretty big as far as I can tell. anything that stays about an inch long and schools? firefish=>3 inch anthias=>5 inch. I'm not loking for anything flashy, just tiny little minnows.

A group of engineering gobies or coral cats would school together. I think the cats sting tho can't remember off hand.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back