Boston Reefers welcome at Reefer Madness

maxfischer

Instigator
I have been talking to Chris at Reefer Madness the past few day. He has extended an Invitation to anyone in the club that wants to check out his place. He told me the doors are always open to me and any BRS member. if your going to be on the west cost and have time to kill drop in, i would love to see pics

Reefer Madness
20920 S. Normandie Ave.
Torrance, CA 90502

if you want to talk to him about a discount price that would be cool :)
Duds

Torrance my old hometown, I'll be going back to california the end of the month. I'll definitely drop by then.

I visited a few months ago. Chris has an impressive place with a big system with a showroom and a large warehouse. He has a 1,000 or so gallon polypro tank for fresh ocean saltwater deliveries. The water gets pumped WAY up over shipping dock doors along the top of his warehouse and down into several very large rectangular vat tanks (maybe 500g?) that each have a large display tank at one end and a trickle filter sand refugium at the other. The water comes out over-flows and trickles through maybe 10" of sand into a large apple picking crate sump. He claims to have a natural ORP close to 400 without ozone. Also, it's interesting that even with 5000+ gallons he uses Fiji Gold (only) for supplementation. I would have thought he would use a low cost DIY supplement, but he hasn't even tried it. It's a must see, but it's a about 25 minutes from LAX so be careful if you do it between flights like I did.

Is this the same Chris that used to work at the old Flying Fish Express?

Torrance is also my old neighborhood. I used to work in Redondo Beach and live in Long Beach. Next time I am there visiting, I will defin pay Chris a visit. I wish I knew about his store when I lived there!

He always treated me right. I miss the 'ol FFE, FWIW.

I literally spent thousands there over the years, I really miss it
too. :rolleyes:

I had a $25 credit when they were bought out. Other than that, we were treated well, good to know.

Back