Brackish tank, 1.011 Specific gravity

Aluka

Non-member
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i have a 3 gallon pico tank. That is brackish with a specific gravity of 1.011. Currently, its stocked with some Halocaridina rubra / Opae ula shrimp, live rocks, live sand. Its looking a bit boring. I was wondering if anyone know what else i can put in there that can survive in that low of salinity, that wont kill my shrimps.

thanks.

Hmm not sure, anyone know if macro is partial to salinity fluctuations?

But thanks for the link. I recall seeing that, but must have forgotten about it, I wonder how hard are those algae to acquire?

But thanks for the link. I recall seeing that, but must have forgotten about it, I wonder how hard are those algae to acquire?

Google: macro algae on sale. You will find a few places that sell algae.

Mangroves might also do good in brakish. I think they can eve do good in fresh water.

Did you get the shrimps from OceanRider? Their forum might provide more info regarding compatible tankmates. Good luck!

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i have a 3 gallon pico tank. That is brackish with a specific gravity of 1.011. Currently, its stocked with some Halocaridina rubra / Opae ula shrimp, live rocks, live sand. Its looking a bit boring. I was wondering if anyone know what else i can put in there that can survive in that low of salinity, that wont kill my shrimps.

thanks.

Hi

thanks.
I have also been keeping Opae Ula for over 10 years now. Nerite snails make a very good addition. They are very hardy snail, and will do a good clean up job. They can be kept in just about any water as long as it is alkaline. I have kept them in freshwater, brackish, and full strength seawater.

Back