Brand New 75g Set Up

Celticreefer

Non-member
here is my new 75g tank. Just added my first two fish yesterday. let me know what you think of the setup. thanks!

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Looks great! Just to let you know, the glass will be a lot easier to clean if you have all of your rock at least 1 magfloat unit away from the sides.

Thanks

Thats a great point. I actually just noticed that a couple days ago when i knocked over a piece of rock with the magfloat when i was cleaning. any other suggestions? this is my first SW tank so i any hints would help

It is looking good, moving the rocks away from the glass is a good suggestion, and one you will be happy you made down the road.

Is that a hang on the back protein skimmer on the right? If it is, you might want to try to adjust it, so that it doesn't keep putting air bubbles into your tank.

Keep us posted with progress pictures.

skimmer

yea i was wondering about that. everytime i clean my octopus dh 2000 protein skimmer it seems to be blowing out a lot of air bubbles into the tank for a couple of days. can this be harmful to the tank/fish? when you say adjust i assume you mean raise the skimmer higher so the overflow is above the water line??? i am a little confused how this can be done since it just it just hangs on the side by the piping. ever heard of people having this problem with this skimmer?

I have no idea on that skimmer but i bet some one with it will chime in that does...Yes bubbles are bad for fish...they can get pop eye among other things...I would think of adding another power head on other side...Also if this is going to bee a reef i think you are going to have to get new lights...looks to me to be PC's and around 260w so not good enough...

hey

thanks for the input. ill hope someone else here has the octopus model and knows what to do to stop the air bubbles. right now i have a koralia 4 and in my 75 it already feels like there is a ton of water movement. maybe add a 1 or 2 on the other side?

I do not know much about those skimmers, so someone else will have to chime in.

But, yeah another koralia 4 would work but the amount of flow depends on what livestock you want to keep. And the livestock you choose will also dictate your lighting demands.

Nick,

The tank looks good, off to a good start. Did you get the bubbles to calm down yet?

For those that don't know, I believe that Nick is planning to do a FOWLR. The light is a T5 2x54w. That will allow him to keep Mushrooms, Polyps, and Leathers if he wants to.

Back