Calcium Reactor Regulator

Mike Lemming

BRS Member
What’s everyone using for a regulator other than the carbon doser (way too expensive for me at this point)?
My planted tank regulator doesn’t seem to turn on and off as it should anymore.
Looking to get a new one. What’s everyone like/dislike about what they have?
Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
I just ordered a carbon doser. I can’t help but be irresponsible with this hobby lol
Nothing wrong with it. My other hobby is fireworks. Not even gonna air out the money I've spent over the years, but can honestly say, it's way more than reefing.

Nothing wrong with it. My other hobby is fireworks. Not even gonna air out the money I've spent over the years, but can honestly say, it's way more than reefing.
I’m originally from Florida where when the 4th or new years comes around, there’s a fireworks stand on every corner. When I bought fireworks last, I thought I had a decent budget of $150 and it doesn’t get you much these days. I couldn’t imagine what you’re buying if it’s more than Reefing!!

I’m originally from Florida where when the 4th or new years comes around, there’s a fireworks stand on every corner. When I bought fireworks last, I thought I had a decent budget of $150 and it doesn’t get you much these days. I couldn’t imagine what you’re buying if it’s more than Reefing!!
Just like reefing, there's clubs for everything. I also worked professionally for a few years back in the day. Been on some cool shoots in DC, the Esplanade in Boston, Cape Cod Centennial, La Ronde International Competition in Montreal, lots of town stuff. Bucket list is to visit some factories in Malta, Spain, China etc. Check out La Mascleta on YouTube for Valencia, Spain. Dream trip.
Sorry for derailing the thread @Mike Lemming

Just like reefing, there's clubs for everything. I also worked professionally for a few years back in the day. Been on some cool shoots in DC, the Esplanade in Boston, Cape Cod Centennial, La Ronde International Competition in Montreal, lots of town stuff. Bucket list is to visit some factories in Malta, Spain, China etc. Check out La Mascleta on YouTube for Valencia, Spain. Dream trip.
Sorry for derailing the thread @Mike Lemming
Not a problem. I honestly had no idea that wireworks were an actual hobby. I just figured they were just some excitement a couple times a year. The only thing I think of though is that you spend a bunch of money, blow them up and its over. Unlike the carbon doser, I'll have it until I sell it or it falls apart lol

I almost rigged a spent rocket launcher to shoot mortar fireworks when I lived in seabrook but one of my buddies pointed out that since there was a nuclear power plant across the harbor in plain view of my backyard, it may make there security forces and the air force base up the street a bit grumpy. Back to the co2 regulator. I’ve been using this one for a year and a half without issues. It’s hooked up to my apex.
01ADF335-AE61-40A3-80F6-47667F1B55D2.jpeg

I almost rigged a spent rocket launcher to shoot mortar fireworks when I lived in seabrook but one of my buddies pointed out that since there was a nuclear power plant across the harbor in plain view of my backyard, it may make there security forces and the air force base up the street a bit grumpy. Back to the co2 regulator. I’ve been using this one for a year and a half without issues. It’s hooked up to my apex. View attachment 194702
Imagine? For fire works lol
I ordered a carbon doser..

Back