Chaeto flow question

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
I want to start using Chaeto but I have low flow in my sump…I’ve tried a handful before but didn’t work out….any ideas? I can’t turn up my pump without it starting to make gurgling noises…I don’t have a skimmer…I use a reefmat 500…I thought about putting a little pump in the sump but don’t want to kill any pods.

Michael

Michael,

I keep my chaeto in a basket in my sump. What's happening to the chaeto? Dying? What are you using for light?

Joe

I have a nano powerhead in my sump for flow although it dosent take much flow to grow chaeto as long as you turn it every now and then. If yours is dying it might be another problem like lighting or nutrient deficiency. I use chaetogro and that has helped me out.

Michael,

I keep my chaeto in a basket in my sump. What's happening to the chaeto? Dying? What are you using for light?

Joe
My last try at growing it ….wasnt sure I was doing it right, just a handful but it was breaking apart I just never started up again….I basically failed at my research….light was a light I had over my 12 gallon…not to powerful.

I have a nano powerhead in my sump for flow although it dosent take much flow to grow chaeto as long as you turn it every now and then. If yours is dying it might be another problem like lighting or nutrient deficiency. I use chaetogro and that has helped me out.
Good to know…I think I’ll start again….

Back