Chiller Pooled Order

Pinkskunk

BRS Member
Heat wave will be here sooner than we all think. And the threat of overheating tanks is very real. Can we have a group buy on the chiller?

Any sponsors?

I don't know much about them. I would prefer to get a new one, but I'm going to look into a used one and compare prices if this goes through.........

Yes, it is. I upgraded to MH and I can feel the temp differance when I walk into the room where the tank is already and it's not even close to warm out yet.........

I am new to chiller, so any reasonable priced brand with decent quality would do for me as i will be using it only for the Summer.

Any recommendations, I would prefer a drop in model so I could avoid plumbing it...I would be looking for a 1/3 HP model..

Jason

I agree with Scott, but you got to ask your self how and where you going to put it. I'm talking about drop-in and in-line. Remember they produce some heat, so you got to make sure you got some good ventilation.

CamaroJWeed said:
Scott do you guys carry a line that you would recommend and use yourself?

suggesting a brand is tough. some get VERY expensive. I am a fan of aquamedic. they seem preety inexpensive for the size.
I have had the 1/2hp and now run a 1hp. I don't like the fact that they are in C rather than F but running it off an aquacontroller really doesn't make it an issue.

Current USA just came out with a prime line. the pacific coast and aqua logics are also nice.

you really need to compare specs and what you need for cooling

Pacific coast 1/2 is 9.9amps
aqualogic 1/2 is 9.5 amps
Aquamedic 1/2 is 375w

group buys are tough because not everyone is going to need the same thing

Back