clown fish behavior help..

arch85

Non-member
Hey guys,

Need some help pronto! :(

For the last 2 days, my female clown is not coming out of her pot (they're still in QT tank, with a pot in there) -- they were scheduled to move to the big boy tank toinght, but now I'm having second thoughts ....

The female clown just stays in her pot, and doesn't leave even for food! If the food pieces are "directly" in-front of her, very close to her, then she'll leave to grab the bite, but otherwise she's not leaving at all! Is this good? bad?

From looking at them, they don't look sick; I tried googling the behavior and couldn't find anything either. Has anyone encountered something like this before?

Thanks!

( their old pics are here: http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?118353-Hybrid-Mis-Bar-Clownfish-showoff-thread! )

that would be awesome but they do really act so .... weird? before laying eggs? I had heard of them doing their crazy dance and all, but not about the female not leaving the hole and not eating :-/ ... I guess I'll try to spot feed her. She didn't take to the pellets, but the second I dropped some fish goo (from the meeting) in desperation, she swam up and grabbed the full chunk and brought it in the pot with her ... so hopefully I'll be able to let her not starve herself for a while ...

Back