clownfish being a punk

willray

Division Champs
He/she is really bullying and harassing anything that comes within 12" of his host..snails,prawn goby(my fav and oldest fish)not cool,Mandarin,anything.
If I get it a mate for it will the super duper punk aggression lessen?

Mine has a mate and she is worse. When I blow off my rock work with a turkey baster, she gets so bad, she jumps out of the tank going after it. She bites my fingers also if they're in there.

Do a search. I have heard some people remove them from the tank for a day or two the re-introduce them to the tank.
Again do a search. Good Luck!

Do what I do with punks. Give em a beating! Lol
No seriously I heard that with problem fish if you remove them for a day or two and put em back in the behave totally differently. Good luck!

Do what I do with punks. Give em a beating! Lol
No seriously I heard that with problem fish if you remove them for a day or two and put em back in the behave totally differently. Good luck!

I did this with a Flame Angel. I put it in my sump for 3 days, and then put it back, and zero problems.

GoodLuck

getting a mate for her will only get it worse.
You can put it in the sump as a sump-fish

I did this with a Flame Angel. I put it in my sump for 3 days, and then put it back, and zero problems.

GoodLuck

Hahah.....demotion to the sump makes you realize how good life in the display really is. What kind of clown? I used to have a maroon and it was the meanest fish in the tank. I've got a pair of o's now and they're pretty friendly. The female is pretty territorial around the GBTA they host in, but aside from that pretty peaceful.

I agree, try the sump or a QT tank for a few days or a week.
Both sets of my old Ocelaris both orange and black were nice. The largest female got kind of aggressive towards the blenny when she got about 4 years old, but only when he tried to sit right next to her bta. She didn't mess with me at all and would eat food out of my hand. She was also nice to the male and any other fish unless they got right next to the bta. The blenny was the only one who ever did. He had his own rock but would wonder over there and she'd let him until he got too close, like about an inch or two away.

Back