Composite to VGA - recommendations?

Armando

v 4.0
Any recommendations on what is the best/inexpensive way of converting composite video signals to VGA (conecting video to a flat monitor)? thankx!

There really is no cheap way to do it unless the monitor will accept a component signal (Y Pr Pb). Key Digital makes a "cheaper" adapter that actually works well. Here's a link to it. It's $299. Other than that you could try connecting a VGA to Component adapter cable and it may accept it even though it doesn't have the H & V signals (Most won't though).

do you mean composite (single video feed, normally yellow in color, and the only video cable) or component (3 video connections, normally green red and blue)?

composite, the single RCA ended cable.

I found a couple of converters on the web for $90-$110. Aren't they any good? $299 is way more than I want to spend on this, it would be easier to sell the monitor and get a 15" LCD TV.

that's one that came up on a web search. Looks neat, I wonder how good it is. I'll have to check the store return policy if I order one, just in case... I really don't need the remote control and the tuner. But the other converter I found without remote/tuner costs as much as this one. It's this one:

http://www.svideo.com/video2vga.html

Oops, I thought I read component. Why would you want to use composite out from a DVD player? Unless it's a crappy flatscreen, it would convert a much nicer image from a component source.

that's not coming out of a DVD player, i only have composite available from the source (a wireless video receiver)

Wow! I must have confused your post with one I read on another forum. Either that or I took some really good drugs that make me read things totally wrong. Disregaurd everything I say today LOL.

couldn't find anything on blackbox but cool site i'm sure i'll need something from them in the future

smcnally let me know if you have some of these drugs left :D

Back