Coralife (ESU)

RayD

The Chicago Experience!
I need a side panel for my 4x65w Coralife Aqualight. It's all smashed up and makes the light look like crap.

So I call ESU and they're sending me the part at no charge. The guy never even asked me for money. Well howz about that!! And he was cool to deal with.

So props to Coralife for great support! Now I wish they made their Auqalight Pro in a 2x250w config instead of the 2x150. I'd buy it in a minute.

:)

Coralife is a big company. So far I am very happy with their products.

I have had constant problems with the two coralife products that I have owned. I was constantly replacing bulbs 2-3 times a year. I now use a Current USA product which has not given me problems once.

Need I remind anyone about the Coralife Power Center?? I think you can find the thread at Reef Central if you search for "House Fire".

On a positive note, its nice to hear that their customer service stands behind their products. I have only dealt with the vendors and they too have been very understanding when it comes to replacing bulbs or returning units.

I don't normally add to vendor experiences, but I had to post here.

IME, Coralife has about the worst set of products from any company that intends to remain in business.

Their ozone reactor was a waste of money, and sits on my floor.

Their salt mix has traditionally been poor when analyzed. Two of their mh bulbs exploded (yes, an outward explosion) in my aquarium years ago, and they would not refund my money. Instead, they sent salt mix that I would never add to an aqaurium. I used it in an ice cream maker.

Their pH calibration fluids are beyond useless. They are dangerous to your reef if you believe them.

I have 4 of their Mini Aqualight's in my hood. The 9 w actinic bulbs for them faded from blue to blue/white in a few weeks.

My experience in general with Coralife products has been very poor. I think they try to make products very inexpensive for the hobby, which is admirable, but the quality of much of their equipment makes it not worth much for someone in the hobby long term.

i have found their glass cleaner to be top notch.The only other thing i have used of theirs was the ozone reactor mentioned by randy and i will second that it is a useless piece of equipment.

In Coralifes favor, I will say, that I just got a timer back from them as a replacement for one that stopped working. They do honor their warantees.

I have a Coralife 150w clip-on Aqualight and a CSS65 skimmer. I am very pleased with both. Years ago I had tons of problems with their VHO retro-fit kit. I hear and have experienced that their quality has gotten better, at least on the products I have purchased.

I lost the o-ring on a skimmer and wrote them an email asking where I could buy a replacement o-ring. They wrote back and send me one free.

I had a ballast die on my lunar aqualight. So I called Coralife and they sent out a replacement at no cost. I did not even have to pay for the shipping. They didn't even ask why the ballast might have been out (accidentlly fell into the tank... oops).

Exceptional customer service does not make up for poor quality. THE BITTERNESS OF LOW QUALITY IS REMEMBER LONG AFTER THE SWEETENSS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN!

i just had a problem with my aqua light pro. the actinics would not power up. tried new bulb's etc. called them today and they sent out a new ballast for free. it is the first time i have had a problem with this light. and its 2 years old so imust be a lucky person going by all the negative press they have been getting.

Exceptional customer service does not make up for poor quality. THE BITTERNESS OF LOW QUALITY IS REMEMBER LONG AFTER THE SWEETENSS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN!

Awesome quote...one of my favorite add quotes of all time....
anyone remember?
Hint: auto, early-mid 80's

Unfortunately we as consumers need to accept some of the blame for this trend in trading quality for price.

BTW sorry to read about all this, what a kick in the ......oo

BTW sorry to read about all this, what a kick in the ......oo

You guys are scaring me with the fire talk. I use a Coralife timer strip. Are they ok now?

I had the dual timer one for just under a year with no problem. Go on to RC and look at some of the posts. The only reason that I got rid of mine is b/c I bought all new stuff. Armed with this knowledge why risk it. I guess at the end of the day you are the only one who can decide if it is worth the possible risk.

Back