coraline...keep it, or scrape it?

smcnally

Tankless
What do you all do? I was thinking about letting it cover my back wall, but then I wasn't so sure how the tank would look with a pinkish back wall. As you can see in this picture, it is getting pretty spotted, so if I'm going to scrape it, I should soon. My boss told me that his tank was covered in coraline (back and sides), and his wife scraped it one day when he was at work. He said his tank crashed because of it. If I decide to scrape, should I do just a little at a time?
DSC00709.jpg

I know it's a good sign, I just didn't know if I would like the look of purple rocks in front of a purple wall. I'm sure I will like it by then since the coral will grow out at the same time. Just something I was thinking about today.

Steve... First and foremost...your system is looking SCHWEET! Good job.

I, personally like the purple background of the coraline, especially if you have a lot of green corals in the tank. I have some purple corals that kind of get lost in the coraline though.

Bottom line is this.. you are going to have a hard enough time keeping it off of the viewing panes.. just let the back go. If you try to keep the entire tank free of coraline, you're gonna end up breaking corals, knocking rock down etc.

Dave

Mr. Slippery said:
Dude you'll be scraping it off every other day at the rate your going..
Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I'll like the look anyway.
Thanks for the nice complimaints Dave and Dennis. It means a lot hearing stuff like that from people who have been doing this awhile.

Back