Crocea Clam looks like he's spawning !!!

reefstarter

Non-member
Came home tonight and thought ..... geeze tank looks a bit cloudy . then I noticed my clam spewing white stuff , of course my first reaction was , somethings wrong !!!! LOL . but I don't think it is , was just wondering if there was something I should do when this happens . or just let it be maybe do a water change ? I think my skimmer should pull out all the gunk no problem , the fish are eating this goo coming from clam too , they seem to love it

Spawning. Just make sure your skimmer is working well. If the clam is really big (not likely with a T. crocea) and the tank is really small then you might have to be careful about oxygen depletion as the stuff breaks down.

Yeah....mine died a week after spawning......probably was his last ditch effort to keep his species alive!

Oh No thats sad :eek:( , hope thats not what this guy is doing . I have a 90 gallon , good flow and skimmer so not too worried about oxygen . I am worried about the clam . His Mantle is out probably about 3/4 the way from what I have seen . a neon goby thinks he is home lolthinking maybe thats stressing him out . but I have also heard of the spawning being a good thing . we'll see

check for the pyramid snails......they irritate the clam and eventually stress them out. GL

Back