Current USA Marine Orbit IC Pro (loop version)???

smiller5438

BRS Member
Does anyone have experience with these lights? I bought the bundle so I have two 48-60” lights. I’ve now been told they are junk and won’t grow anything but Soft Corals. I feel stupid for buying them...

I am looking for Opinions, Experience, Settings etc... really any info on these lights from a personal experience will be helpful. The Company obviously tells me they’ll grow anything...

Thanks!

I ran a smaller one on my fluval 13.5 for about six months. I had growth and color with lps and softies mostly Zoas and shrooms. I switched over to an AI prime and had much better coloring and growth. The light will definitely keep corals but they may grow slowly and the colors can’t be dialed in as much.
The loop setup is nice being able to control lights pumps returns all in in place

They will grow about anything. They won’t grow them as well as other lights can, but they’ll still be okay. You def won’t get same PAR levels from those as you would with better, more expensive lights, but that doesn’t make them junk. You’ll probably end up upgrading anyway, but if you keep up with other routine maintenance, like water changes, you’ll be fine.

I grew sps at the top of the tank with those lights in the past. I have a friend who’s had LPS under them for a while now. If you’re not trying to get serious into the hobby, you’ll be fine with those lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Arsalan said, placement will be key. more light demanding species will need to be closer to the waters surface. Zoas and lps may be ok depending where they are. I did the same thing when I got in the hobby. Spend 90 bucks on a used light that I ended up having to supplement with what ever other light I could (par 38 clamp on lights, a reef brite that was half the length of the tank etc.)

Back