Daily 2 part dosing (how much do you do)

Cardiak

Non-member
I was just looking to get a little data from those who daily dose 2 part solutions. What size is your tank, light/medium/heavily stocked? And how many ML of calcium & alkalinity do you add daily?

I just started two weeks ago 75g with a medium stock of LPS & 3 medium sized clams and I'm dosing 50 ml of both each morning.

Test your calcium, alk and mag when the tank is fully lit and all corals have opened and dose when tank is in dormant mode. Follow according to what the reef chemistry calculator suggests and as to what recipe or product you are using. In large doses then dose slowly. http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html
Check your water parameters 24 hrs later to get a correct reading. I check and dose my alk first to maintain a correct dkh before I add calcium then mag last.

Last edited:
It takes some monitoring at first to get the amount you need to use just right, the biggest tip I can give "this is an IMO" is to set up a top off if you don't already have one, and add the alk to the top off water. This way you get a nice subtle addition to the tank. kinda like a reactor. I usually add the calc to the overflow when i put the alk in the top off water.

May not be the case for all, I dosed this way for years, went reactor for a few months, then went back to dosing cause my ph was more stable under dosing with my top off practice.

also here is a nice calc for getting close to what you need. as far as how much to get to a certain level.
http://jdieck1.home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html

Hope it helps. I use randy's btw

I have a 72 G tank medium to heavy stock and I have to does 160ml. However I find that I would have to dose a bit more of calcium just to keep it where I want it.

wow this is crazy i have a 75g mixed mostly sps granted they are all mostly frags but i only have to dose 15ml of 2 part once everyother week calcium stay at 450 and mg @1350

Scotty, 1"-2" frags don't consume much. When you have SPS colony,LPS and not to mention all the coraline it's a lot. And if you have clam, forget about it.

lets see i have about 22-25 different sps frags about 10 different lps leathers and a clam with coraline cover lr and still not consuming that much ??? it just doesnt make sense to me

Opss...I must have miscounted when I was over your place. I only counted 24 frags. ;)

not including this weekend i should be up to 40 or so lmao
im gonna need another tank hopefully this weekend to my camera may have to wait now

Back