Digital Aquatics

panayiote73

Non-member
Had a interesting experience with DA. My NET module got wet and stopped working. I called and the person I talked to opened a case, gave me an RA, and instructions to ship back for repairs. I mailed it out next day.

I called 2 weeks later since I hadn't heard anything and was told the module was in-house and being tested, they said if it can't be repaired we will let you know. I waited a week before I called back, no answer left msg. Waited another week, called back and again no answer left msg. Now I'm upset, called back the next day maybe 6 times, no answer. Waited a week and tried calling again, no answer left message. I also went to their website and sent them an email, no response.

Now it's over a month and at this time I'm thinking they went out of business or something. I called and left 1 final msg, it was very polite (as all the others were) pleading that someone please call me back.

One week later out of the blue at 7pm at night someone called! I was so surprised, the woman was very apologetic. She informed me that they only had 1 person in-house to do tech support and that he was part time and overwhelmed. She said she's been calling to help customers with simple problems because she has no idea what the reefkeeper does (I wanted to say something so bad but I bit my tongue). This is the part I am most ecstatic about. She informed me that my NET module was not repairable due to the water damage BUT she was going to ship me a brand new one to make up for my troubles!

NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE! (I think?)

I had an interesting conversation via emial with their support staff. I contact them to purchase an older rk2 head unit. I wasnt sure if they had it available for sale but I was hoping that they knew what I could do or point me in the direction. At first the person from DA told me to go to website and buy a replacement unit from their webpage. Being skeptical I made sure to ask if it was compatible with the reefkeeper 2...they say yes and directs me to where its located on their website. I go to the page and it looks like a RKlite head...send an email with the link asking if this was the unit they were refering to? they say no...sorry...here is the link to the exact link (should have done that in the first place). I go to the webpage and its almost the same link with barely any information. Now Im concerned because I dont want to order something that I wont be able to use...(tie up money, time, and be an overall pain in my butt). I reply to them asking a few questions and they respond with "oh sorry, we dont support that unit any longer". Basically says that a RK lite is 99.99 and if I want to order one of them they could assist me. Nevermind the fact that they wasted my time and theirs I came away thinking..."if you have a tech support staff that doesnt know what they sell or support then what kind of support can I expect to receive if I purchase a new RK system?" They did offer me 20% off a new system but Im completely turned off after that goose chase. Be careful when dealing with DA...sounds to me like they have in house problems that are spilling in their system support.

Back