Does anyone have Black & White Clowns successfully hosting in 'something'??

They are slightly less likely depending on how they were raised, but most will live in something as they get older. I do think part of the reason they have that reputation is that aqua-cultured fish are almost always younger than wild caught and farther away from the age which they really seek a nesting area. Almost all of them will come around eventually.

All you can do is raise them right, try and instill some decent values in them and hope for the best.

Flighty(Cindy) is right on give them some time.

he heee .. I like the whole 'raise them right' thing! I'm not in a hurry .. but what just wondering if anyone had actually had success?!

There is no more difficult to let a tank raised clown fish host an anemone than a wild caught one. It highly depend one which kind of clown fish and which kind of anemone. Most marroon clown fish on th emarket are tank raised but they are really quick on hosting. Most perc or Ocellaris are known to slow on hosting. There should not be a big worry about B&W clown fish hosting just because they are tank raised. I am getting a pair for myself and we will see.

Thanks Dong, I have had mine about 2 months ... they didn't like the anemone (but thanks to cleaners switching off A/C while I was on vacation, it came to a sticky (slimy) end:eek: ) ... they have no interest in anything else yet.:)

I used to have an anemone that NO clown fish will host. In fact, it ate my first clown fish. When I get another anemone, the clown fish hosted in it very quick.

Just wondering ... I hear tank raised clowns don't often adopt a host??
My tank raised B&W ocellaris clowns initially refused a RBTA, but later took to a purple tip BTA.

From my experience with TR ocellaris clowns, it seems to be a maturity thing.

Matt:cool:

Back