drilled

hawaii

hellow: i just picked up a 180 i do not know if i want to drill for loop. what is the reason for a drilled tank. is it flow what else is there aneythig?i am getting a tunze system for it .i want to put up this week so if there is good reason beside flow i will have it done. please help thanks :rolleyes:

The only reason to drill for a closed loop is to create flow without having pumps in the tank. If you're getting a tunze stream, and the system is sufficiently sized for what you want to keep in that tank, then there's no reason to drill the tank for a closed loop.

I assume you're not refering to drilling for a sump drain and return, right? There are many many advantages to drilling a tank for a sump drain, but I expect your tank already has that plumbing.

thanks nate i knew you would be there. yes all plumbing is there .i am getting a tunze system that will be more then enough flow for all sps.pluss i have 3 805 going in and 2 405 also going in. so once again thanks. putting in a quite one 5000 for return pump .also have a mag 7 and 9.5 so i have water flow. talk soon chris

hawaii said:
pluss i have 3 805 going in and 2 405 also going in.
a closed loop would eliminate the need for these it could also give you the flexability to flush out behind the rocks at the turn of a valve....

correct scott would you do it drill . it would not hurt believe ray does it . i should contact him. thanks men

Hey Scott,
Wanna drill my tank soon?
I'll have a cookout & beer.
Thanks,
Moe :D

Back