Duncan Coral Barfs Up Zoa Piece or New Coral?

agentfive

Non-member
I dose with Kent Marine Nano A and B every other day - this morning I was putting in part B (an hour apart from part A) and the 4 heard duncan which was fully out - after about 5 seconds kinda shrunk up and then spit out what looked to be 2 stalks of ZOAs which are maybe 3-4 inches nearby in the tank from the big mouth. All of the 4 stalks receded to be kind of pillowy on the end - and the piece of ZOA or could it be new coral floated under one of my rocks.

What's going on here? All other corals are doing great - rics - mushrooms - PH and other params normal tool. Did the PART B just make it throw up? But what's the weird part - where did it get the ZOA pieces? Or where they not ZOAs at all? Very confused.

the zoas could have possibly been floating around the tank, and it actually caught them. Are you sure they were zoas? :confused:

I really do think they were zoas. I've seen zoa pinch off their tops - etc. And it looked like a larger and smaller polyp tied together.

Confirmed - just fished the zoas out from underneath the rock - they're zoas. That must have been tramatic. And now the Duncan's are out and looking good.

Zoas are highly toxic your duncans may have grabbed them thinkin they were getting fed but when it started to digest it got some not so nice juices in its belly

Back