Feb 2008 Official BRS meeting - DEMOS and DIY (March 2nd - 2-5 PM)

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
The February meeting will be held March 2 Sunday 2-5 PM at the Bridgewater Vet's club. 85 Cottage St, Bridgewater, MA

This month's meeting will be a combination of DIY (do it yourself) demos, demos on tank water testing, demos on coral propagation, etc.

Delta (VP of the BRS, Greg T.) will be updating this thread with more details on the meeting as we get closer to the date.

Should be tons of fun, always lots to learn from other folks that know the 'tricks' of how to do stuff. This will be a 'lower key' meeting with a bit less hustle and bustle and will be a great meeting to get to know more people in the club. The Bridgewater venue is very large and we will not likely be limited for space for demos.

We will be having the usual frag swap See detail here

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor for the meeting!

Jeremy at CRA has stepped up to sponsor this meeting! He says he will be bringing lots of clean up crew items as well as some assorted dry goods. Time to restock some of those snails and check to see if you need some new test kits. ;)

Glad to have you on for this one Jeremy! :)

Official meeting schedule

Bridgewater Vet's club
85 Cottage St
Bridgewater, MA

Map for direction

Time:

March 2, Sunday 2-5 PM

Detailed schedule for the meeting:

2:00pm - 2:30pm- Demo set up time - new members registration - folks milling about chatting about their tanks - time to purchase BRS coffee mugs, hats, polo shirts - library book sign out and return - turn samples in for water testing - more about these club benefits can be read here:

http://bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43530&highlight=club+testing

2:30pm - 2:45 pm - Announcements - raffle items descriptions - introductions of new members (new members table)

2:45 pm -3:15 pm - First demo session

- Modified calcium and magnesium testing
- Tank drilling
- Acrylic workshop
- LPS, SPS, coral propagation demo
- Soft coral propagation demo
- Incoming coral treatment and quarantine demo
- Frag on demand - You need it fragged Greg Hiller will frag it for you (post interest in this thread)

3:15 pm - 3:30 pm - Break for Pizza - Raffle Drawing

3:30 pm – 4:00 pm - Demo session #2, identical to first demo session.

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Demo session #3, identical to first demo session.

4:30 pm on - Frag swap mayhem and general reef chat. Clean up

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change.

Last edited:
Greg, or anyone else concerned,
I am a new member, and extremely excited about my first meeting coming up. I am writing because I live about one mile from the vets club in bridgewater and was wondering if I can be of any help as far as the meeting goes? Does anyone need help setting up tables? chairs? couple boxes of Joe? anything. Please feel free to pm or email me if I can be of any assistance.

mike

The Novice reefkeepers lecture series that I've been doing at each meeting will be suspended for this meeting and the members auction next month. The DIY meeting will have tons of educational opportunities, and there just will not be time at the auction. The lecture series will resume again at the April meeting.

Some minor changes to the schedule of the meeting. Pizza has been changed to 'light snack' likely donuts/bagels/coffee or the like.

The raffle drawing has been moved to be after the 2nd demo session as there will be many frags available from the demo sessions that will go into the raffle.

Detailed schedule for the meeting:

2:00pm - 2:30pm- Demo set up time - new members registration - folks milling about chatting about their tanks - time to purchase BRS coffee mugs, hats, polo shirts - library book sign out and return - turn samples in for water testing - more about these club benefits can be read here:

http://bostonreefers.org/forums/show...t=club+testing

2:30pm - 2:45 pm - Announcements - raffle items descriptions - introductions of new members (new members table)

2:45 pm -3:15 pm - First demo session

- Modified calcium and magnesium testing
- Tank drilling
- Acrylic workshop
- LPS, SPS, coral propagation demo
- Soft coral propagation demo
- Incoming coral treatment and quarantine demo
- Frag on demand - You need it fragged Greg Hiller will frag it for you (post interest in this thread)

3:15 pm - Snacks should be available - small donation requested to offset costs

3:15 pm – 3:45 pm - Demo session #2, identical to first demo session.

3:45 pm - 4:00 pm - Raffle drawing - will include corals and other items generated during demo sessions

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Demo session #3, identical to first demo session.

4:30 pm on - Frag swap mayhem and general reef chat. Clean up

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change.

Back