Finaly built my 40g stand!!

jtmac

Aquaholic since 1999
BRS Member
Well I found some time last night since my wife and daughter were in bed at 8 I grabbed the time and went all out. Again I DO NOT right these plans down nor will I be able to explain how it is built. Im the kind of person who sees what needs to be done and just gets after it in my head as I go. I do know its a 36x18 and 36" tall and able to fit a 20 high under it as a sump. I find this method works much faster and more accurate for me, drives my wife nuts since she has a masters in engineering :)

still have a little more work to do on it like all the sanding. As far as finish it will depend witch room i put this in either the family room or the sitting room it will be black, If dinning room stain it to match the furniture in there witch means replaceing the "recycled" white trim i put on the stand to plain wood. Im plan on building a light hood in a few weeks.

I stll need to drill this tank out but lucky me dont have to buy anything since I have held on to all my older equipment. This will be a Anenome tank for my 2 very l;arge clown fish.

LMK what yall think....... Thanks for looking

John

Door open with sump
door open wit sump.jpg

Back framing job
back with no sump just frame.jpg

Back shot with sump
back wit sump.jpg

side shot w tank.jpg

front door open.jpg

John, that looks good. I'm planning to build one this weekend, depending on how my back is. I through it out @ work Monday. I'm going to go for a 3 sides viewable peninsula setup, I hope. Anyways, great job!

Thanks Everyone! Greg yes I plan to do that aswell but need to find the time to do it. I will post pics when I get it finished.

Looks nice... I still need to finish up the 125-long stand ... and canopy... and build another one for a 40 breeder... *sigh* so much to do, no time to do it.

Yeah buut nicer then the aga stands and there a few 100 bucks... This cost me 50.00 in lumber.....

I like the overall look I gotta make a stand for my 40g breeder I can't wait I think I'm going to steel some of your idea's if you don't mind, I like the way your hiding the tanks bottom trim it gives it a nicer look.

Mandrake, there will only be 2 running the 40 and the 100. the 72 is on hold because its built into the wall in the basement with the fishroom for the 100 on the other side. I will get that up and running when the basement remodle is done sometime in the next year. The 72 that is in the wall of the fishroom will not be connected. I have plenty of equipment to run solo and dont want to take a chance with an aggressive tank and a reef hooked together. If one crashed the other wont.
The 40 will probably be a nem tank since I have 2 150w mh left over from my 100g upgrade. But I will put some GSP,Xenia and shrooms in it to run wild. I would also love to add a small green Bird Wrasse, then when it gets to big sell it for something else.

Royalty, go for it brother. its not hard to build really mainly building the frame and then overlapping wood to cover it. Easier said then done If you have never build furniture before or have the proper tools to complete the job. For the right price I can also build one for you. That would require 1/2 up front and the rest on completion. Pm me for a price If you would like.

Last edited:
Back