Flame vs Pigmy angel

synchiropi

Low energy alien reefer
Hi there,

I am wondering between a Flame and a Pigmy angelfish for my 46G BF. I had read online that pigmys appear to nip on corals less than flames do. However, today at the LFS I was told that pigmys are VERY pugnacious. So just wondering what were your thoughts/experiences on this one....

Thank you as usual - Synch

I have a 46 bow with a flame and a golden angel. While the golden angel loves to pick at my open brain, the flame has yet to nip at any coral. It's a Hawiian flame though, I have read these one are less likely to nip than others.

I had a Hawaiian Flame for a bout 6 months, man what a beauty I loved it. Then all of a sudden on day it decided to begin to eat a large orange zoo colony. It was at the LFS the next day.
They are hit or miss?keep them fat and happy and they may leave your corals alone?but you can?t have a guarantee that it won?t happen?some day.

Thank you guys.

I wonder if the Pigmy angel would be better with corals. I think they tend to favor a more vegetarian diet. However, I was told that they are very territorial (i.e. evil)

Any thoughts on that?

He costs a little bit more than I would like to spend (like 1800%).

I'll let those Noldor buy them... :D

When I had a flame and a C. argi together the flame loved to chase the argi around all the time. Never did him much harm. IME the argi's (probably due to their size) are quite passive.

I had both and both of them nipped corals. I didn't seen much coral extension on my sps when i had both of them....

Back