Florida banned Ricordea collection?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I got an email yesterday saying that Florida had banned all ricordea collection starting this week. I can't find any info on the web and the email may be a spam/mis-information. Anyone has any idea if it is real? Thanks

?

I'll email the guy that collects next to my parents house in Fl and see if he can shed some light...

No, the email was from Yesterday. Not today.

Supposedly it's true, that even chipping is going to be frowned upon. I don't think this is new legislation, I think it's just the current "interpretation" by the people in charge of the marine sanctuary.

I never remember rics were cheap, not even 4 years ago.

By the way, I know that the current regulation in FL won't allow collectors remove even a tiny bit of rock when collecting rics. Mounting free floating rics is a pain in the ...

fyi

Just heard back from Dana in florida, he said it's bs...said its the tiny rock that the ric is attached to that is the problem. Said its a good way to increase the price. He collects in florida keys in Marathon

take it for what its worth......

rob

The tiny bit of rock the ric is attatched to has *always* been the sticking point, and why it's always been a big grey area. Collecting the ric without chipping off a bit of rock isn't exactly easy.

Back