Flower anemone help

LaxFrags

It’s been receding ever since I switched over to ai prime hd and waterbox. Had slowly been moving out more but still not what it used to be. Is there anything I can do or should I just let it be? All other coral looks fine. I spot feed it sometimes and it eats it up

last pick is what it used to look like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 147
  • B6ACFEEA-0404-469D-8DB8-10AE2ADDF0B6.jpeg
    B6ACFEEA-0404-469D-8DB8-10AE2ADDF0B6.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 9679852D-99E5-4961-A3C3-B1CCA8B71C9E.jpeg
    9679852D-99E5-4961-A3C3-B1CCA8B71C9E.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 151
How often do you spot feed? I have 4 flower nems and feed them 1-2 times a week. Plus they capture some snacks during fish feedings. Do you think it has too much flow? One of mine is more sensitive to flow - or it seems to move to places where it is on the razors edge between Good and Terrible. The other 3 are more forgiving of flow.

The only other thing I have seen that they really hate is contact with bubble tip nems. Any chance it picked a fight with a BTA? I hope you can figure it out, i think rock flowers are so wonderful in the tank.

How often do you spot feed? I have 4 flower nems and feed them 1-2 times a week. Plus they capture some snacks during fish feedings. Do you think it has too much flow? One of mine is more sensitive to flow - or it seems to move to places where it is on the razors edge between Good and Terrible. The other 3 are more forgiving of flow.

The only other thing I have seen that they really hate is contact with bubble tip nems. Any chance it picked a fight with a BTA? I hope you can figure it out, i think rock flowers are so wonderful in the tank.
No btas in my tank. I don’t think there’s too much flow in the area... I can try adjusting my flow, I just don’t want to disrupt any of the other corals which are all doing fantastic. I spot feed it whenever I remember, maybe once a week or once every two weeks. I’ll do it a little more often. Could it be that it has too much light? Thanks for the reply

On the question of light ... is it where you put it, or did it go for a walk to find this spot? If the nem chose it then I wouldn't be worried about too much light. Somewhere I read that lighter colored ones need more light, darker colored ones need less. Only two have moved around on me. A light colored one moved 4" to get less shade but stayed near the bottom of the tank (supposedly should have climbed). A dark one was near the bottom of the tank and kept climbing until it is just 1/3 down from the water surface (supposedly should have liked the deeper area better). I just figure that now they will sort themselves out after I make a suggestion of where to live.

You could try putting something on your tank lid to cast a bit of shadow on it and see if it gets happier. Like a postit note or something else that's sorta translucent. But if that is the issue he should migrate on his own (unless it is already at the bottom of the tank). The only downside of these things is how hard they are to move when their foot is deep in a rock crevice.

On the question of light ... is it where you put it, or did it go for a walk to find this spot? If the nem chose it then I wouldn't be worried about too much light. Somewhere I read that lighter colored ones need more light, darker colored ones need less. Only two have moved around on me. A light colored one moved 4" to get less shade but stayed near the bottom of the tank (supposedly should have climbed). A dark one was near the bottom of the tank and kept climbing until it is just 1/3 down from the water surface (supposedly should have liked the deeper area better). I just figure that now they will sort themselves out after I make a suggestion of where to live.

You could try putting something on your tank lid to cast a bit of shadow on it and see if it gets happier. Like a postit note or something else that's sorta translucent. But if that is the issue he should migrate on his own (unless it is already at the bottom of the tank). The only downside of these things is how hard they are to move when their foot is deep in a rock crevice.
Thanks I’ll try that. It was originally in my Biocube in the position on top of the rock. After I put the ai prime on it it moved down to the spot it’s at now and is finally starting to come out so probably not a lighting issue.

I know it was bad but a while ago while I was transferring my rock from Biocube to waterbox I didn’t see the anemone and it was sitting out of the water for probably 10 min before I noticed. Could this be an after effect? Thanks

Back