Forum change

kgstei

CONNECTICUT
It looks like, at least for me, that the Forum posts no longer show how many responses or the date of the most recent responses. I for one preferred the previous Style. Is that a permanent change or just something's going on.

My previous bookmark page has turned into the version without dates. If you have that show up you can click where it says latest posts which will bring you back to the old version and then use that as your bookmark.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-080421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-080421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20221214-080403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-080403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68
Yeah when I click the BRS banner I also see the no dates/no replies version. But if I click on “latest posts” it’s normal. Agree it would be better to go back to how it was.

The Home link was previously just taking you to the same place as the "New Posts" link. If you prefer that, you can just bookmark that page and go directly there. I think it's nice to have alternatives. Personally I prefer the simpler list without all the other info.

I think a Home page ought to be a bit more oriented toward new users as that's where they will wind up when navigating to bostonreefers.org for the first time. Plus, I imagine we're going to add some widgets above the Latest Posts block on the home page (featured threads, tank of the month, etc.) so the Latest Posts on the home page will get pushed down below the fold making it less ideal for seeing the new posts.

Last edited:
Part of orienting the Home page to new visitors to the site is having the navigation links on the left side of the page. I think this is important as it shows off some of the features of the club. But it squeezes the center column and displaying the more detailed view of the latest posts is going to make more cluttered and probably cutoff the titles of some of the threads.

The Home page is a work-in-progress though and all feedback is welcome. We might move it to something closer to what you see on the humble.fish home page.

Back