Found the missing anemone

PeterCip

Non-member
After tearing apart my tank, i found my missing BTA. For some reason, about 6 weeks ago he tugged into the rocks after no water parameter changes what so ever. He was living opened up until about a week ago when he dissappeared. I found him shriveld, and looking terrible. I chucked the bugger before anything bad happened, and i doubted his survival in the current dust storm that is my tank. Any ideas why he would decide to kick it randomly? It lived healthily for over a year, and was about the size of a dinner plate.

My clowns look sad to have lost there home.

-pete

PeterCip said:
After tearing apart my tank, i found my missing BTA. For some reason, about 6 weeks ago he tugged into the rocks after no water parameter changes what so ever. He was living opened up until about a week ago when he dissappeared. I found him shriveld, and looking terrible. I chucked the bugger before anything bad happened, and i doubted his survival in the current dust storm that is my tank. Any ideas why he would decide to kick it randomly? It lived healthily for over a year, and was about the size of a dinner plate.

My clowns look sad to have lost there home.

-pete

My BTA expands and shrinks at least a few times a week. It went from about 8-9 inches down to a shrunken silver dollar size. When it has shrunk, you'd think it was going to croak right there. The last time it hid in a rock and shrunk like that, it split itself and became 2......hope your "chuck" wasn't premature.

JayM said:
My BTA expands and shrinks at least a few times a week. It went from about 8-9 inches down to a shrunken silver dollar size. When it has shrunk, you'd think it was going to croak right there. The last time it hid in a rock and shrunk like that, it split itself and became 2......hope your "chuck" wasn't premature.

I had seen it shrink many times, but this time was different. it was loosing footing on the rock, and its mouth was gaping in a different manner than it had in the past when it expelled excrement.

Back