Getting ready to freak the freak out.

Calc is 440. Mg is running at 14 to 1420 alk is 10.6.... so hoping the new di and s good vacum and switching to leds will help. Found out the white lighting in my fixtures where wrong spectrum and to low kelvin. My fault gor not chking them...lol

Perhaps someone here with more experience can confirm (my tank shows I'm no expert on algae control, lol), but I wonder if the frequent vacuuming is releasing nasty stuff and just fueling the algae?

Perhaps someone here with more experience can confirm (my tank shows I'm no expert on algae control, lol), but I wonder if the frequent vacuuming is releasing nasty stuff and just fueling the algae?

If you vacum the top layer (1-2 mm) then I think its fine. If you sink the vacum in the sand, then you will release toxic crap. But I don't know if the algae would use any of that.

Last edited:
Ya I only do the top layer about 1/2" or so deep if you at the sand bed closely you can kinda tell where the junk starts and stops. I know if you go to deep its the stuff you cant see that can be harmful to the tank. Well thats what research says anyway. In this hobby who knows.

Back