Sold Giant Bali Xenia, Gorgonians, GSP

coralfishreef

BRS Member
Hi and thanks for looking.

Lighting for photos 1 and 2 - single Radion XR15 G5 Pro. Photos with yellow filter and no filter. Lighting for photo 3 - T5 with Reefbrite blue LED.

Giant Bali Xenia from Marinefarmers. Very fun coral and possibly my favorite coral. Adds nice movement to a tank. Does not self propagate. Loves flow but doesn’t require lots of flow. Double head. - Sold

Purple sea fan candelabra gorgonian from Marinefarmers. Slow growing. - Sold

Corky sea finger gorgonian - Sold

“Branching” green star polyps from Marinefarmers. They don’t really branch but they can curl and can be made to look like they branch if given a supporting under structure. Large 4” x 4” piece - Sold

Pale white green leather. Nice color variation but the color differs depending on lighting. Typically a darker bright green. - Sold

Rainbow incinerator zoas. - Sold

Attachments

• IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Original Giant Bali Xenia colony with 10 heads. Old photo, not for sale.

Lighting for this tank includes Radion XR30 G5 Pros with AI Prime HDs to add shimmer and color. Custom settings on the whiter side.

IMG_3369.jpeg

Last edited:
2 frags left of the Giant Bali Xenia. I’ll be in Concord and Framingham this weekend if anyone wants to meet in either location.

The last double frag of Giant Bali Xenia has the several small nubs showing additional stalks starting to grow. Last one.

Yes. It does pulse and has nice movement kind of like a torch. Very fun coral.

Mike C has a video of his tank before he took it down. There is a Giant Bali Xenia in the bottom right corner.

That is a sick softie tank! I’m trying to decide is this is different enough than my huge Cespitularia to justify it — although that one got a bit too invasive and was banished to my anemone/invasive tank…

The difference is the movement and growth pattern. Cespitularia has middle base that can vary in shape, and spreads out like a vine which can be invasive. The Giant Bali Xenia has not mysteriously spread at all in my tanks like regular Xenia can do. It grows out from the base of the trunks and would grow and spread to rockwork if allowed. I kept mine on a frag rock on the sandbed.

The Giant Bali Xenia has a defined thick middle trunk and a single head/trunk of GBX looks somewhat like a short Dr Seuss truffula tree. As the GBX grows more trunks and “heads” the trunks and heads retain the same defined shape, and will look like what MikeC had and what I once had with the 10 heads/trunks.

I really like the Giant Bali Xenia. My next tank, lol, yes already planning, will have a Giant Bali Xenia, a pink nepthea, and the neon green Florida Caribbean devils hand. And possibly a yellow Fiji and green Japanese weeping or long polyp.

Here is a video of someone else’s tank with a single trunk/head of GBX and no flow.

Back