Glass shops for baffles in Cambridge/Somerville/Watertown area?

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
Anyone do any business with any glass shops in Cambridge/Somerville/Watertown/Waltham area? I've always told people to just grab the yellow pages in the past, but I just can't believe how many glass shops are out there.

I've always used Federal Glass in Framingham for all my custom glass doors and shelves. They will get and cut anything tho. They are right on rt9 at the corner of rt.126. 5 min. from mass turnpike exit 13.

i've been to broadway glass on broadway in somerville a bunch of times...they're a little retarded there, but they are nice, and the prices were very reasonable.
call several places, get a quote.

Jason go to Commonwealth Glass and Mirror on the corner of Arlington St and Mt. Auburn. I've done business there, never any problems. They even cut my acrylic for free when I got a new windshield put in my car. Its right by you.

That's right on the way to work. I'll stop there tomorrow to see what they quote me. I had to make is difficult and design some baffles that were not rectangles or squares. I need two of the pieces to have notches cut out. In order to do that they need to drill a hole at the corner of the notch. The one place I stopped at wanted as much to drill the holes as it cost in material. If I can't find a better deal I may just use acrylic.

Yeah those corner cuts are expensive! I remember inquiring about one when I was in high school and the guy quoted me $50 at a place in NH.

Drilling small holes in tile is easy with a tile bit from HD (just a couple bucks). With that and a glass cutting tool, you can probably do all your own non-standard cuts for nothing.

Wow. I should of had it all done at the first place I stopped. I just checked out Commonwealth and they wanted $60 just to cut the rectangles without the notches. Boo on them.

Do it yourself man! All you need is a straight-edge, glass cutting tool, gloves, and a hard table or bench edge. Score both sides of the glass for a nice clean cut. Ta-Dah!

That was $60 with no cutouts! I was going to do the cutouts myself. I think I am gonna give the plastic shop a call. I bet I could get acrylic cut exactly to size, cutouts and all for $60.

Back