Glueing pvc?

charbel1011

BRS Member
I am new to pvc work. And while i was glueing the other day the adapters. I put primer inside the adapter and glue. But i didnt realize that u have to put it on the pipe outside as well. And i also didnt realize u have to hold the adapter, and pipe together to make a bond for 30 seconds. I didnt so any of that?. Its the red sea roller matt adapter would it leak?

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 75
With PVC fittings, as you now know, you need primer and glue on both the pipe and the fitting to get a secure joint. Having said that it's possible your joint may be good enough for your application. If I was in that situation these are the things I would consider. Can I pull the fittings apart?. How much pressure is going to be on the pipes? If it does leak where will the water go? If it's going to drip down into the sump it may not be that big of a deal if it has a slight leak. If I was going to run with it as is I would probably run some primer and glue along the seams of the fittings and see if that will help lock it in. Good luck

Check the materials, I think those are cpvc and require a different solvent. Maybe see if someone lives near you that can come take a look and hard plumb the connections.

Back