green carpet eating my fish

JOHNNY O.

Non-member
Anyone have any experience forcing a carpet to move. It's starting to eat may fish. I have had it for 3 years and never had this problem it has it self mounted to a large piece of live rock at the bottom of my tank and is under the sand bed. I would like to move it to my basement tank but i can't dig it out and would rather not remove all the rock to get to it could I cover it with something to force a move? And yes it is well fed...

scalpel/ razor it while it's still in the tank. you can use the razor to slowly chip away at the rock supporting the carpet.

IMO I would try to crowed it out. After 3 years it most likely has it's foot well attatched to the bottom glass under your sand and rock work.

Have you seen it eat a fish? It's really cool to watch but you have to be in the right place at the right time...

Good luck. I know Yanni has removed a very large one you could try to pm him.

Have you seen it eat a fish

IMO I would try to crowed it out. After 3 years it most likely has it's foot well attatched to the bottom glass under your sand and rock work.

Have you seen it eat a fish? It's really cool to watch but you have to be in the right place at the right time...

Good luck. I know Yanni has removed a very large one you could try to pm him.
Yes and no I seen the tail of my Wrasse and I wasn't to happy I am all so missing a goby,cleaner shrimp and possibly my mandarin. before the wrasse I was checking every Little thing and couldn't find a reason for me losing or missing all my happy critters. after having it for so long never even considered it... well it is what it is.

Try almost completely shading it with just a bit still in the light in the direction you want it to move. put something removable for it to attach to in its path and be patient. it can take a few weeks.

Back