guess i shouldn't of procrastinated on the generator

stuntmantmike

Non-member
I hope that nobody is effected by Earl. It looks like the cape is going to get whacked. Generator "who needs one of those we won't lose power" ooops I doubt home depot is going to have a generator. Good thing my truck has a power inverter.

Nope you shouldn't have. A generator is a great thing. I have mine wired into my house so it runs the tank and 80% 0f my house including the heater

Try to find a couple of B11s. $20 can save your tank :)

Quincy Adams Home Depot had 6 or so left when I grabbed mine tonight. Hopefully I won't have to use it though.

I bought my generator after the ice storm a couple years back. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

We spend thousands on our reefs may as well spring for 2 or 300 for a generator.

Try to find a couple of B11s. $20 can save your tank :)
Great advice even with a generator it is good to have something in place that is automatic

I bought my generator after the ice storm a couple years back. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

We spend thousands on our reefs may as well spring for 2 or 300 for a generator.
Absolutely what's a few more hundred in this hobby, I couldn't agree more.

If you loose your heat for a few days in the winter no matter what you do the tank will be a loss with any but a generator. Most skimmer cost more than a generator.

Bought one a few years back and haven't had to use it my self yet, but I have loaned it out a couple of times. Definitely one of those things I'm OK with buying and never having to use it. I usually just start it a few times a year and put it back when I'm done. I have to agree, with the amount of $ we put into our systems, a generator is a drop in the bucket.

When I had my house fire I borrowed a propane generator from a family member and it ran my tank for 2 days until I had electricity again. If you dont have easy access to one, it's definitely worth taking a look at as an investment.

Back