Has anyone else had this happen...

Andy O

Non-member
I ordered tropic marin pro reef from Fosters and Smith and it arrived to me in the heavy duty plastic bag that it comes in which was placed into a cardboard box -- apparently fedex broke the bucket. They gave me a $20 credit, told me to keep the 200 gallons of salt and they would ship me a new one. The next one came in the bucket but the bucket was cracked and a hole in the bag so they sent me another one that I received today -- you know the story -- bucket was cracked and hold in bag. Just called them and they are refunding the full purchase price of the salt. I ended up with a $20 credit, my money back, and (3) 200 gallon buckets of Pro Reef salt in punctured bags. I'll give F&S credit for taking care of the situation.

Is it normal for these buckets to break all the time in shpping?

im not sure about regularly happening but if the salt didn't get wet and you have good t.m. buckets that seal well to put the salt in the you got a hell of a deal...do it again in my opinion :)

Go get yourself a sealing container (like a dog-food container) or some good trashbags to keep the salt in. You did very well!

Next time I order salt, I'll tip the FedEx guy to drop the box onto my porch. :D

Plastic does get brittle when its cold.We have a cold spell heading this way next week. Maybe I'll order a bucket:)

Go to Home Depot and get the 5gal paint buckets with the lids, those are air tight. Just don't cut the rim until you are ready to use them, after you have sealed you salt.

Back