Hello Everyone, Great to eMeet You

Welcome!! Do you have a tank currently setup or looking to set one up?

Hey Duds...

I setup a reefer 300 XL , converted my home office closet into a fish "room", I work at home so its a great "diversion". My office is above my garage so I built out an auto water charging system in garage piped up to my office.

I was in the hobby 20 years ago, and loved it but had my kid and didn't have the time, he's out of the house now, so I decided to get back in. I'm software, control systems, mechanical geek, and was blown away at the systems available now. I set-up a full Apex controlled system, doing things I only dreamed about 20 years ago.

Doing a mixed reef tank, but into unusual stuff. I used to trade frags with a bunch of folk years ago, is that still a thing?

Hey Duds...

I setup a reefer 300 XL , converted my home office closet into a fish "room", I work at home so its a great "diversion". My office is above my garage so I built out an auto water charging system in garage piped up to my office.

I was in the hobby 20 years ago, and loved it but had my kid and didn't have the time, he's out of the house now, so I decided to get back in. I'm software, control systems, mechanical geek, and was blown away at the systems available now. I set-up a full Apex controlled system, doing things I only dreamed about 20 years ago.

Doing a mixed reef tank, but into unusual stuff. I used to trade frags with a bunch of folk years ago, is that still a thing?
Trading is still very much a thing here:

Click here

Just make sure to change the "Prefix" to Want to Trade of WTT before posting.

Hey Duds...

Awesome sounds like a sweet setup! I was around 15 years ago and only recently just got back into it and like you said things have changed drastically!

You can always offer trades worst they can say is no. I love mixed reefs that’s what I’m doing myself.

Share some pics if you don’t mind id love to see your setup!

1673950831449.gif

Back