Hello from Millis, MA!

Foggy

Non-member
Hey guys just found out this forum existed! So cool to have so many reef experts in the area. I am in the planning design phase of my first reef build. Started designing and buying stuff about 2 years ago but got busy with my first child and buying a new home so it got put on the back burner. Now I am settled in the new place and my son will be 3 in 2 weeks and think its time to rehash this project. I have had several tanks in the past. Had a 40g marine tank about 12 years ago but moved to San Francisco so had break it down. That tank turned into a 3 year home for a Tiger Oscar. He started out as a tiny guy about an inch in size and after 3 years he was a whopping 12 inches. Well it was time to move back to Boston so I had to give him to the LFS and break the tank down again so it has sat empty now for about 5 years.

I am kinda torn on tank size. I have a pretty big area for it and am going to be building a DIY stand to have more options for fitting the sump/skimmer that I really want. Originally was gonna go with a 65 reef ready to keep the same foot print/stand but I dont think my skimmer will fit in the existing stand.

So far I have - Probably missng stuff but this project has been on the back burner for a few years. Need to get back into reading and learning mode!

Aquaticlife t5ho 36" 6 buld lamp (may be selling if I decide to go with bigger tank)
swc extreme cone 160 skimmer
29g sump
65g AGA RR with megaflow kits (may be selling if I decide to go with bigger tank)
air water and ice typhoon ro/di
JBJ True Temp digital heat controller
JBJ 300W Titanium Heater
90 pounds aragamax sand
60 pounds of brs dry rock
Seachem pH, alkalinity, free/total ammonia, nitrite, nitrate Multi Test Kit
Seachem Reef special test kit phosphate, silicate, iodide Multi Test Kit
small power head and heater for Rubbermaid brute water mixing container
JBJ Refractometer
lots of lumber for DIY stand
helping hands of my 3 year old son!

Look forward to getting to know you guys!
Foggy aka Jay!

Welcome to the BRS! You should try to make the meeting on the 30th you can meet a lot of the members and we are going to have some great raffle prizes and a great speaker. Directions on the banner above^^^^

Welcome Aboard! Come on in the water is warm.

There is a monthly meeting coming up this Saturday with a hugh speaker and big raffle prizes worth over $1,300.00.

Check out the header on the forum.

Hopefully we will see you there.

Welcome Aboard! Come on in the water is warm.

There is a monthly meeting coming up this Saturday with a hugh speaker and big raffle prizes worth over $1,300.00.

Check out the header on the forum.

Hopefully we will see you there.

Welcome to the BRS! You should try to make the meeting on the 30th you can meet a lot of the members and we are going to have some great raffle prizes and a great speaker. Directions on the banner above^^^^

Thanks guys! I would love to be able to meet everyone but that's my sons third birthday party and we have spider-man making a guest appearance!

Welcome aboard.
Thanks!

Back