Help, just found my fish and it’s starving

LaxFrags

so my clownfish disappeared after its partner jumped out of the tank a while back, more than 3-4 months ago. Probably at the beginning of this past summer. We’ll long story short I found it in the back area of the overflow where it jumped into a long time ago and when I turned off the pumps it came up and begged me to put it back into the tank. I haven’t seen this fish in at least 3 and a half months, and now it’s so skinny I can see bones and it’s not healthy. I just fed the tank and it ate a ton and is now residing in a little breeding box. What can I do to nurse this fish back to health, I feel horrible and should have checked the overflow a long time ago. I’m assuming it ate a small amount of food that came through the overflow after feedings. Please help!!

Very skinny. Just spent 20 minutes chasing him around to put him in this small breeder box. Now he’s breathing even heavierC what can I do

Attachments

• 3A06B674-2FBE-4B30-8DD5-77C7A9A38257.jpeg
    3A06B674-2FBE-4B30-8DD5-77C7A9A38257.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 7A68346C-7247-46A6-A340-6D8C9C1BF8D8.jpeg
    7A68346C-7247-46A6-A340-6D8C9C1BF8D8.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 138
Very skinny. Just spent 20 minutes chasing him around to put him in this small breeder box. Now he’s breathing even heavierC what can I do
Probably feed him high nutrient foods and hope for the best. Good idea to keep him isolated so he doesn't need to fight for food. I'd go for mysis and TDO pellets. Maybe some reef frenzy.

I’ve got mysis will do sorry I just freaked out a little! Hopefully it’ll do okat

I wouldn’t add any unnecessary stress…… like don’t chase him anymore to catch him if he’s eating and no one is picking on him. Maybe turn the current down in the tank if it’s affecting him.

mysis soaked in selcon or something similar is great. I’d try to feed small amounts 6x a day

Back