Help me make up my mind-have a dilemma

mike030987

Non-member
I have a dilemma. Was looking for any thoughts or inputs on this dilemma as I can't make up my mind.

Background:
I purchased a 72 bow front. Has mag 7 return and only one mp10 on the right glass. Tank is aggressive non reef safe fish(might throw a frogspawn or some zoas to color up down the rd). I also have my 29 biocube with three koralia nanos (two of the lower gph and one 425gph) and a hydor pico evolution 1200 for return. It is a mixed reef mainly with lps and zoas (heading down the sps rd soon).

Dilemma:
I'm unsure if I should put the mp10 in the biocube and scratch the koralias. And purchase a lesser expensive pump(s) for the 72(looked into the Chinese wp40 but wasn't sure if it'd be too strong)

Or....sell the mp10. Leave the biocube the way it is. Purchase a lesser expensive pump(s) for the 72(again wp40 or koralias) and also purchase a controller(reefkeeper lite) to control the biocube. Doing this I wouldn't be shelling out much money other than what I sell the mp10 for.

Or......leave everything the way it is. Spend no extra money as its an ok set up as it is.

Or.....any of your thoughts? All input is highly appreciated. TIA

Any thoughts? I'm thinking either leave it alone the way it is. Or sell the mp10 and buy powerhead/controller with the money from mp10 sake. Still not sure what to do though

Keep everything, and mod the koralia nano pumps. the mod is pretty much replacing the prop with one from a k1 $7, and/or remove every other spoke on the shroud(free). Ive done both mods, and both work great, each mod adds 150-200gph making it inbetween a k1 and k2 while being tiny!
Then hook them up to a alternating controller like the smart wave or ocean pulse duo

Never looked into mods for the koralias. I will surely start off with that.

Is the mp10 enough for the 72 though?

Back