Hey Everyone!

EarlZyrtek

Non-member
Here I am introducing myself! I've already met a few of you at Love the Reef, but I'm looking forward to being more a part of this community as I've heard such great things.

I have 3 heavily planted freshwater tanks and 1 new reef tank which is 1 month old now. I had a reef tank as a kid 20 years ago with my dad, but now I have the freedom to make all the decisions (and mistakes!) myself. I am still very much a novice as this hobby has changed A LOT in 20 years. I know how much time is required, I know there will be set backs, and I know that often the cheap way out is rarely the best way. I also know that patience is key! So luckily I feel like I've learned a lot of the hardest lessons already, but I still have a lot to learn!

I have been frequenting Love the Reef in Wilmington, everyone there has been so helpful I can't thank the team enough. I've also met a few members there as well and everyone has been so friendly

Here's my set up so far:
Aquarium: Red Sea Reefer 200G2 Cube with sump
Filter: RedSea Reef Mat
Skimmer: Bubble Magnus Curve 5
return pump: Mobius Vectra S2
Powerhead: Mobius Vortech MP10
Light: RedSea ReefLED90

Livestock:
Fish: 2 black storm? clowns
inverts: 2 Nassarius (which crack me up)
Coral: 1 hammer, 1 mushroom, 1 Zoa and 1 Paly
View attachment 193063

Hey Earl, I used to work at Love the Reef a little bit ago - by any chance do you have a big dog named Monty?

Welcome to the club!

IMG_2463.jpeg

Thought I’d post a picture of the tank. I’m just starting to see some green algae which is a great sign, looking forward to these diatoms dying off.

Back