Hi from Boston!

sjreef

Non-member
Hi just joined the forums and subscribed to a membership!
Is there a 'members tanks' area for posting or can I post here?

Used to have a 12gal nanocube but been away from the hobby about 5 years.
Currently starting up a new tank again, have a bunch of rock 'cooking' in a 5gal while waiting for my real tank to arrive. temp FTS:

My plan is to split a Mr. Aqua 11.4 gal rectangular into a 7gal display, 4gal chaeto refugium.
Lighting: Ecoxotic 21W Par38 LED 20k, 4W JBJ refugium light (also ebayed a 10W LED flood, we'll see...)
Flow: Vortech MP10ES, minijet 606 for return
Filtration: live rock rubble/chaeto refugium w/filter bags of Seagel & Cuprisorb (carbon, phosphate/copper abs media just in case)
Stocking: open to advice, thinking clown/orchid dottyback/mandarin, bird's nest/acans, eventually crocea clam

I'll be using tap to mix my SW but boston water appears to pretty low in phosphates/nitrates/silicates per http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/monthly/wqupdate/pdf/2011-cy-data/082011.pdf

HI Welcome to BRS
you can pretty much post where u like

I wouldnt go with Tap in this area, you might think about an RODI or gets some RODI from members here or sponsors...................

Frank

please do it right...out of the gate that is....ro/di water can b obtained from a lfs or even a member if you post a thread....I would not suggest using ro/di water either...& the list will continue below I can bet......phosphates r a killer!!!

please do it right...out of the gate that is....ro/di water can b obtained from a lfs or even a member if you post a thread....I would not suggest using ro/di water either...& the list will continue below I can bet......phosphates r a killer!!!

Brian what do you recommend for water NSW? And +1 on phosphates r a killer!

Back