Hmm.. I think something is eating my corals.....

AnthonyF

Non-member
Hey everyone, so I haven't posted in here in a long time but I have a dilemma.... I think I have a pest and I don't know how to handle it. I have a Coralife biocube 28. I don't have much for coral still. I have 4 frags of zoas, a lobo, a duncan an acan, a beautiful blasto, and 2 other small frags I can't remember the name of. I noticed my zoas were disappearing and some weren't opening. I was considering zoa eating nudis but then I noticed some holes in the skeletons (and in some parts, the entire skeleton looked like it was eaten) I had to rip one zoa frag from the rock (and it hasn't reopened) to dip it. Since the dip, the ones I did seem ok (except the ones I ripped). Now my duncan has a big hole in the base. Its impossible for me to get all the corals out to dip individually, and taking the whole rock out is impossible without taking down my entire rockwork.

Any thoughts on what this could be and/ or what actions I could take without ripping down the tank and starting over?

Thanks for the help!

Have not yet dealt with pest , Wish you luck .And will be following along to see who comes up with what to do .

Do you want to post your parms, they might be off and it might be your clean up crew doing their job......

Back