homedepot

salt1

Non-member
i whant to know if homedepot sand its good to use because i see alot of people use it. thanks:.:.

you use it? it should be good right? its freakin sterilized! :) im looking for some sand for a RDSB...just don't want to have to buy a bag of "sand" for 30 bucks:rolleyes:

Home despot has sand called "High Desert Play Sand" by Pavestone that's a calcium carbonate sand. It's in a yellow and purple plastic bag, and runs about $6/50 lbs. Rinse the hell out of it before you add it to your tank, though. Here's a recent thread about it...

I have playsand in my tank.. but wish i didn't. The color isn't as white as other peoples tanks, i wish i had just gotten normal sand.... but it doesn't have any ill affects other than that.

I've had the Pavestone High Dessert play sand in my tank for over a year now and no problems.It's a pretty clean white.I just added another 50 lbs. when I made the switch to the 90 gallon.And there's about 25 lbs. down in my refugium.
You do have to rinse it like crazy first.

is this the one
DSCN3688.jpg

That's the stuff.Same stuff I used in my tank.
If you put vinegar to it,it will bubble like crazy.
It's definitely calcium based.

i got it from homedepot today cuz i dont whant to buy sand its 30 dollars and this one its 6 dollars

I'll see if I can find any good pictures of the sandbed that i saved at work.Most of my pictures are low quality cell phone pictures.

Back