Hows This For Raising The Bar

budboy

Non-member
If some of you dont remember,I purchased MH and my hood would not accomodate them so I needed to purchas a taller hood or make one so I got some scrap wood from my cousin and made this. not the best but my temperature is good and my lights dont sit on the water. the VHO's were compliments of Ray039. thanks RAY. split the fixture in half to spread the light.

Attachments

• uss 022.jpg
    uss 022.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 285
  • uss 023.jpg
    uss 023.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 244
  • uss 024.jpg
    uss 024.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 258
  • uss 025.jpg
    uss 025.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 256
They have reflectors. up under the bulb is a half hex but just finished today so I still have to put half a back and I will probably put a reflector sheet. but most of the hood is open due to heat,so that is my main concern,just shrooms and a green carpet in my tank.

Looks great, and matches the cabinet perfectly. I didn't see any fans in there. Are you going to use them, or are you figuring that the open back is enough? Just wondering. :)

GinaD said:
Looks great, and matches the cabinet perfectly. I didn't see any fans in there. Are you going to use them, or are you figuring that the open back is enough? Just wondering. :)
I have some window fans that am going to leave on stand by.when I put the half of back the top half will be just enough room for the fans,and the top of the hood is mostly open,so Im going on the heat rises thing. between my living room A.C and the open hood concept Im hoping I wont need the fans.

budboy said:
I have some window fans that am going to leave on stand by.when I put the half of back the top half will be just enough room for the fans,and the top of the hood is mostly open,so Im going on the heat rises thing. between my living room A.C and the open hood concept Im hoping I wont need the fans.
Good luck!

Back