I'm disappointed

fawkes027

Far far away
I went to one of our local supporters to peek around and ended up buying a few things. I picked up a fish and several corals. While in the store I looked at the fish in the bag and thought it was acting funny. I guestioned it to the guy who caught it and he told me it was fine and it was just stressed out. I had an odd feeling but went home. Well needless to say that fish was NOT stressed. $25 down the drain because I couldn't say to the guy - I don't believe you. Give me another. I'm so pissed at myself.

I'd like to stay clear of posting names and pointing fingers. It just turns bad. I like this place a lot and usually have a great time here. There is a sign clearly posted that says "no refunds on salt water fish". I guess I'll just learn from this experience to speak up from now on. Just kind of thought after going here for a year I could place some trust in what they said.

yes, but you questioned it before you left the store. go back, get some satisfaction to at least have your piece of mind. help the next guy not be taken advantage of.

I think if you talked to the store you could sort it out...give them a chance to redeem themselves. There are exceptions to every rule.
Alot of LFS don't offer salwater guarantees.
but alot of them are sympathetic if something drops instantly also.

No refund for saltwater fish in Petco either. The LFS in Acton offer no refund for ANY fish.

I guess it makes me paranoid now too. I've checked the qt tank now about 10 times to make sure it's not something I did. The water is good..it's the same water that's in my main system and all. I just don't know. I know it wasn't my fault..but I can't help it. Before I make my next comment - yes I'm a girl. Anyway...it broke my heart seeing it stare up at me as it was dying. :(

Its To Bad But These Things Happen To All Of Us We All Loose Fish Somtimes Its Our Fault Moving A Piece Of Rock That Just Happens To Be A Fishes Home ,not Having A Top On The Tank.its To Bad About The Fish But You Can Not Beat Yourself Up It Could Have Happened To Anyone And It Does.how About This I Need South Down So I Drove To A Place A Couple Of People Said Had It Before I Bought The Sand I Looked At The Fish Every One Had Ick Or Was Put With The Wrong Fish So It Was Getting Ripped Apart So Needless To Say I Left Without A Fish Or Sand There Not Getting My Money Thats For Sure (it Was Not Petco Or A Lfs)but Im Not Going To Name Names

I agree with you about using some restraint re:posting the store name.

Try talking to managment at whatever store it is. Don't go asking for a refund, just let them know that so and so employee has that attitude. See what kind of response you get, that will tell a lot about the overall attitude of the store.

j

I think you handled that well by not disclosing the name of the LFS, and giving them a chance to do what was fair.

Jim

Well I didn't want this to turn ugly over a fish. However I feel what they did was more than adequate. This case is closed. I got a replacement fish and am happy. They handled it very well.

Back