Indonesian Live Rock?

Liquid

Non-member
In my ongoing search for more LR, I ran across the following website.

http://www.reefscience.com/web/live_rock.php

I like the idea of having LR from different areas in that it will lead to more biodiversity in my reef but I don't know anything about this rock. It doesn't seem very porous. Anyone have any experience with this rock and/or the vendor? Any thoughts about the rock (based on the one picture that's on the site :p )

I've been wondering the same thing. I have emailed ChadB with a couple of ?'s and he has resopnded rapidly. He says it's really porous and light, and recommended only 40lbs. for a 55g. I also read some good reviews about ReefScience on RC. I am also considering buying some so any input here would be helpful.
I do remember a couple of rave reviews about this rock on RC, but they could have been written by someone that works there for all I know.

Yeah I saw that. Would you be interested in splitting 100 lbs? That way we could take advantage of the airport to airport shipping which is both cheaper and faster.

Apparently they're not doing airport to airport shipping at this time. The cost of the rock is $4.65/lb plus shipping which is $79 per 50 lb. box. I may get 50 lbs. of this, I'll take some pictures for you all if so.

Here is another pic of the rock taken by one of his other customers.

000_0634.jpg

Back