Interceptor

Matt L.

Non-member
Does anyone know what size interceptor tablets to acquire?

I just learned that interceptor comes in different mass tablets, and so when asking for it from a veterinarian, I was wondering what size to ask for. I have a 90gal system, if that helps.

Ryan, if you're reading this, I have decided that it would be better to treat my tank as well than move the corals to your system and risk further stress. Also, as I can not account for all my Acropora sp. frags after the tank move, I felt that I could run the risk of leaving some food source for the mites in the tank while I take the frags to your tank, thereby rendering treatment ineffective,

Matt:cool:

ReeferMedic said:
...For large dogs...
Ha, very funny. I thought you were giving me a dosage for a dog. I misread your post.

Thanks for the help.

Now if I can find a veterinarian close to Boston that will give them to me. Anyone want to share the name of a vet (plus location and/or phone) that will give them to me???

Rays said:
Matt, I have some, but I work at Logan airport. I take the Logan express from Braintree. If you want to meet me curbside at Logan I can hook you up.
Or you can order them here:
http://www.petmedstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=petmedstore/CTGY/INTCEP

You'll want white for lge dogs, don't pay any attention to "need prescription" just order.

Ray
Ray,

Thanks for willing to meet me at Logan. You have a second to run out to the curb? What about directing all the planes:p? Anyhow, so as not to trouble anyone, I just tried to order some (w/o the perscription). I'll let you know if the order doesn't go through, and then I can take you up on the offer. I have no problem getting to Logan. Thanks so much,

Did you get it? I have some around too... lemme know. I work in Fresh Pond, in the Peoples Republic of Cambridge.

D

I just did the treatment on my 125 gal (225 total) about 3 weeks ago. Worked excellent. Only did one dose. USed a little more than recommended by Dustin, approximately 5/8 a tablet and treated for about 7 hrs.

I actually took a few huge scarlet hermits out and about 5 emeralds and put them in a quarantine tank. I ended up losing a bunch of small blue legs but some survived, 100s of tiny redish copepods died but some lived(Not acrobugs), a gorilla crab and a emerald. The bug population was back in a few weeks including huge arthropods.

I got a couple tabs from a fellow BRS member but also had been talking w/ my local vets. Many wouldn't have anything to do with it but one actually was curious and came down to my house to look at the tank. He gave me a pill for free but had to charge me $45 for a consultation, which he did explain in advance as part of the paper trail for writing the script.

Anyway, his name is Dr. Scott Teagle and he works at the Northborough VCA hospital. I don't have the phone # handy but you can look it up on the web.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the information everybody. Apparently, my order was placed succesfully, so I guess I didn't need a perscription after all...

If anyone needs extra tablets, I can sell some...

And just to be sure, this is the treatment program everyone has followd, right?

I remember some people saying they used 2x the recommended dosage three times...

Back