is it possible to fit a durso stand pipe in a hob overflow box?

J

jokersplayground

Ever sense I hard plumbed it now it's really loud. There is no pipe inside the box it's just the bulk head and that's it. I need a way to quite it down.

Not sure what size you have but I fit 1" dursos in my eshopps PF-800 overflows. Durso calls out for a 1-1/4 standpipe but the 1" worked for my 75G setup with 1/4" holes drilled in the caps.

You can make a Stockman overflow! Do a search on you tube. Easy and cheap to make. If you need help, just PM me.

What really quieted my hob down was adding a three inch piece of PVC pipe into the bulkhead fitting in the external box so the water did not have that far to fall over the partition where the u-tube is, eliminating the slosh factor up top. I then I cut a piece of plexi to cover the top of the external portion of the HOB box. It had to be notched for the U-tube. I also had a gate valve kicking around that I placed at the bottom of the down pipe that was in the sump under the water, and adjusted it so that there was about 3" of water left in the down pipe to eliminate the gurgling. It worked for me. My tank is three feet from my bed and all I can hear is the faint hum of the skimmer pump. HTH

Back