Is this brittle star bloated or fat?

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
or do they all look like that underneath? Looks kind of bloated to me.. [smilie=5,9,16]
I rarely get to see this side of him, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like. What do you think?

Attachments

• P1000079cr-rs.jpg
    P1000079cr-rs.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 216
When I first got one of my serpent stars, for some reason he decided to sit on top of a place where my skimmer outlet was making bubbles. he basically filled up like a balloon. and started to float. I flipped him over a couple of times to see if the air would escape (no luck), but after several days he seemed to release the air on his own. On mine it was deinitely air, because the "bulge" would always go "up" even if he were sideways etc.

Your's looks a little different though. More like he's expanding/swollen. Hope it's just air/gas that will disapate.

I second the "do a fish count". I've seen that a couple of times when a fish has disappeared...

Thanks, everyone. Since I haven't lost any fish in that tank I'm gonna rule out assassination. I wouldn't mind if it was pregnant, but I hope it isn't bloated for any bad reason. I've had him/her for over a year with no problems...always a good appetite, very active during feedings, etc.

Back